First day of school

Yesterday the boys went back to school, starting kindergarten & the first grade.

They were excited but a bit dubious

DSC_5267

We made the long hike up & down the driveway

DSC_5269

We were early because we were told ‘sometime between 7:15-7:20’. We were at the end of the driveway at 7:10 and the bus didn’t come until 7:22.  Not sure yet if that is the firm arrival time or not, but every extra minute helps when you can’t find socks in the morning.

DSC_5296   And there they go.

I feel like I ought to write something sentimental here about my baby starting kindergarten, but I went through all those feeling last year when I put him on the bus for pre-K. And the last 2 weeks have been no joy for the three of us. We are all sick & tired of being together. We need a break. They are excited to be someplace different doing new things and I am excited to finally be able to get some things done around the house that i have been wanting to do for months.

Give me a few days. I’ll probably all maudlin about the passage of time sometime early next week, once the initial excitement dies down.

Comments

  1. From the pics of the two of them together, they look like the best of friends :) Enjoy some quiet time. Does your K go a full day or come home half day?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Starting school on a Wednesday? What's the reason for that?

    My daughter will take a bus to school as well, although she is not allowed to take it the first day (she starts JK - junior kindergarten). I'm considering taking the morning off work for her first bus day, but that's probably because I'm crazy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. How nice to have some time to yourself. I have to wait until next year.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think I'll feel the same way on the first day of school. If I'm feeling generous, I may just wait for the bus to slow down before I fling them on it.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Alphanumeric Blog Hop

Weekly Winners Aug 24-30

Chillin’