That time of year again

And no I don’t mean BlogHer, though it is that time of year too.

But I can’t afford to attend BlogHer unless it is less than a 4 hour drive away & that’s never gonna happen so I resigned myself to missing it long ago.

No, instead of OMG BLOG HER!!! angst, I spend this time of year in OMG SHOULD I MOVE MY BLOG??? angst

Different angst but same kinda theme.

I’ve spent 4 years with this domain name, hosted through blogger & for the past 3 years every time the renewal comes up I get all “should I or shouldn’t I” about self hosting and in the end I always decide against it because I just can’t deal with moving it myself & I don’t always understand what the hosting sites will or will not do in helping me move stuff & I know I am not asking the right questions & it’s all just too much someone get me a Xanax or something.

However…

I finally found someone to deal with all of it for me at a very reasonable price & after dithering for 3 weeks about it (and my domain renewing the day before) I took the plunge.

More details coming soon but after 5 years with blogger, I am switching to Word Press

I don’t know why.

I mean, I have vague reasons. I’d like a gallery & while Disqus is ok, I like WPs comment system better & there are more add ons. I know I had good reasons when I was dithering about it but…

Now that I have spent the money & committed I am having “should I have done that? why did I do that?” angst.

But hey! I finally acted on it, after a mere 3 years, which is almost ludicrous speed for anything in this family.

Comments

  1. Good luck with the move - I know you'll like it 'over here'

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck with the move. I can barely understand the basic blogger that I have. And, of course, you know your content is what really matters and that won't change!
    rinda

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good luck with the move.  I'm sure it'll be fine.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've been on wordpress from the beginning and love it. You won't regret it.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Alphanumeric Blog Hop

Weekly Winners Aug 24-30

Chillin’